Saturday 31 August 2013

Selanne Is Back!!!

Hello everyone, first an apology with my last post, about the colours in sports (which has since been deleted). I lost the source images and data for the statistics I was demonstrating, and I decided to just delete the post all together.  I may come back to it in the future.

But to recap: 25% of teams in the 4 main professional sports leagues have red and blue as their main colours, and 75% have either red or blue, or both.  Where art thou, originality?

*********************************************************************************

But what I wanted to say today is that Teemu Selanne is coming back for "one more year".  I have skeptisism on that, because even though he's 42, he plays like he's 30, and is one of Anaheim's best players still.  Yes, his production is down and there will hit a point in his career where he is not worth the roster spot, but he's not there yet.  I just hope he doesn't end his career in Favre-esque fashion, by retiring and coming back several times, and become a hinderance more than a help before his time is up.  Selanne is smart though, and his work habits are unmatched by most in their prime.  So I believe he'll retire when he needs to, and not a year sooner or later.  This is good for us fans, the Ducks, and Team Finland, as I doubt he'd pass up an opportunity to represent his country one last time.  I have a suspicion that the Olympics are the reason that he's coming back.  Maybe not the only reason, but the reason that tipped the scale in his favour.  Just a theory though.

Either way, this is good news for everyone.  Besides maybe the other teams in the Pacific division.  

And if you didn't have the chance to see his un-retirement video, have a look.  Its hilarious and well worth it.  Oh, by the way, spoiler alert.


No comments:

Post a Comment